WhatsApp Connector Installation
Account and connection creation
How to install the WhatsApp Connector in Zendesk®
In order to send WhatsApp notifications, you need to follow these steps:
- Install the WhatsApp Connector by Respira app from the marketplace
- Create a user account
- Create a connection
- Grant OAuth permissions to this app
- Enter your Sunshine Conversations (formerly Smooch) credentials
- Enter your Meta for Business (Facebook) credentials
This article covers steps 1 to 4. Click here if you have already created your account and a connection and you are ready to move forward.
1.- Install the WhatsApp connector by Respira from the Zendesk® Marketplace
In order to install the app, you have to:
- Visit the Zendesk® Marketplace, and look for our app. For example, you can search for "Respira".
- Click on the app icon.
- Click install.
After doing this, you will find a new icon in the left bar of your Zendesk® Workspace:
2.- Create a user account
Click on the new icon. You will be taken to the login screen. Click Sign up, and enter your email.
When you create your account, an email will be sent to you with your password. If you don´t receive it, please check your SPAM email inbox. You can change your password later if you want.
3.- Create a connection
Go back to the WhatsApp Connector by Respira app, and log in using the password you received in your email:
Then click the Connections button:
And then add a new connection:
You must now fill the form on the left:
The following data must be entered:
- Name: a name for your connection
- Subdomain: your Zendesk® subdomain. If your Zendesk® instance is for example at https://mycompany.zendesk.com, your subdomain is "mycompany". Enter it.
- Active: Yes
Then click Save.
4.-Grant OAuth Permission to the app
At the right of the screen, you must click on "Grant Access":
You will be redirected to another tab, where you must click on a button to allow Respira to connect to your Zendesk® instance. If all went well, a message saying "You have successfully granted access to Respira" will show up. Then close the tab and click on "Check Status" to make sure the status is "Granted":
Now you are ready to enter your Sunshine Conversations & Meta credentials. Click here for more information.